10 Tips for the Membership Registration Process
We have gone exclusively to an online process to register or renew membership. The following may assist you as you navigate the system.
- To use this process, Indiana-ACTE membership is required. If you only want to renew membership to an affiliate, you should contact the affiliate.
- You may renew an affiliate membership and/or ACTE membership with this process. (Except for IAAE and AAFCS/IN which have their own websites and specific dues structures.) (See #6 when renewing ACTE)
- The new system will issue you a member ID and confirmation number when your complete your registration. Save the numbers. You will need the information when you renew, register for the conference or need to modify your registration.
- There are three payment options: send a copy of the registration with a check, use your confirmation as an invoice for reimbursement (or request a special invoice) or pay with credit card.
- When paying with a credit card, please note that PayPal is only a vehicle for payment. YOU DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT! After you are diverted to PayPal you have the option of using/creating a PayPal account or you can select "pay with major credit card"
- Please note that there is a delay of 4-6 weeks between ACTE and Indiana-ACTE to update membership information between the two organizations. Therefore, it is possible to receive renewal reminders from either organization after you have paid dues with the other. This is particularly important when you are nearing a deadline to register for one of the organization's conferences and you have renewed membership with the other. When you are approaching the conference registration deadline, it is best to renew directly with the organization that is sponsoring the conference.
- The new system provides the option for a school/organization to have one person to register on behalf of another. Simply click on the option: "I am registering on behalf of this person" and complete the required information.
- The new system also provides the option for multiple members to register together. At the end of the first registrants submission, simply click on "register additional registrants"
- First year teachers are provided one year of complimentary Indiana-ACTE membership when they register for the CTE Conference FIRST. Indicating that this is their first year will give them a code to use to sign up for the free year.
- The system will send confirmations via an email immediately following completion of the process. Use the confirmation as evidence of your membership. Be sure to save the Member ID number and confirmation number. Renewals reminders are sent automatically and are designed to be repetitive until the renewal is completed.